Limited space available. Come join us.
Or join us at one of our upcoming class dates:
April 16th & 23rd 6:30p.m.-9:30p.m. (2 class series)
June 5th 6:30p.m.- 9:30p.m. (One day class)
Not Your Mother’s Childbirth Education – Served Straight Up!
Preparing for one of life’s biggest events can be overwhelming. Learning all about it helps remove the fear, gives you coping techniques, and you leave understanding what is going on during the whole process.
Metro Detroit Doula Services is excited to offer refreshing new Childbirth Education courses unlike any other in the area!
Andrea Stainbrook, PDCCE, is the first ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator serving Southeast Michigan!!
What you can expect from our Childbirth Prep courses:
- Uncensored, modern teachings for modern families. Learn about what birth is actually like and how to navigate it!
- For everybody – This education is for any birthing desire. We don’t follow one specific method, we teach different tools and breakdown the unknown.
- Bring a support person! They will learn what they need to help the entire process.
- Feel comfortable and have fun! These classes are personal and taught in an easy going way. Feel open to ask the questions you want and enjoy yourself as you learn!
In-Home Private Childbirth Classes
- Private Classes – A great place to feel comfortable while you are learning is the comfort of your own home. Scheduled around your needs and specialized to you. These sessions are completely customized and our most popular choice! Pick your own topics and how many hours of learning you want. Call us today to see the topic selections and get started. Pricing: $210 for a 3 hour private class, or $400 for a 2 week private class, or $70/hour.
April 16th & April 23rd
@ The Salt & Sugar Co., 139 W 14 Mile Rd., Clawson, MI 48017
Lunch, drinks, & dessert provided by The Salt & Sugar Co.
Take a full course of childbirth education and receive a complimentary car seat check! New to this session speaker Dana Lange, CPST will discuss what you need to know about car seat safety and even check your car seat installation!
Come learn all about birth and how to get through it with the first ProDoula Certified Childbirth Educator! Andrea brings a fresh and fun approach to learning about the process of birth. She has spent years as a labor doula with experience in many of the local hospitals. This isn’t your average childbirth class. We speak frankly and without bias about your birthing options with an open floor to talk about anything and everything you want to know.
Learn the tools to help you cope during a natural birth, and what is available to you if you want “all the drugs.”
Creating your birth plan! Tips and tricks to express your wishes to the staff that will be present at the day of your birth.
-Learn about the body and what it is doing in labor
-The birthing person and baby are working together, learn about the parts in motion
The Process of Labor
-Understand Early Labor, Active Labor, Transition & Pushing
-Get a sense of what it may REALLY look and be like
-Tools to cope during a natural birth; breathing, hands-on support, massage, affirmations
-Medical options available
-Different positions for labor and birth
-What is is it like after baby is born? What is the first hour like? What about the first week?
Come learn in a great atmosphere and feel comfortable asking your own personal questions!
You’ve been wanting to take a class, why wait?
$280 per birthing person and partner/support person
Call 586-960-5993 or simply click here and an invoice will be emailed to you with a link to pay via credit card upon completion of the form!