By Andrea Stainbrook
An outing with your baby doesn’t have to be hard!
Babies are squishy and adorable and well frankly a lot of work! Normal outings like heading to the grocery store, or to shop for some new clothes can feel like daunting tasks. I know I sometimes rather wait for my hubby to come home or ask grandma for help so I can do these tasks alone.
And while alone shopping is super fun at times it may not be practical to try to plan for every outing without our cute little tag-a-long.
Babies can become a part of the mundane outings or the fun shopping days!
Here are tips for successful shopping days out!
- Make a plan.
- Limit where you will go for the day just in case baby isn’t up for it. If you are prepared to only hit up a store or two and not conquer a marathon of shopping you will be setting yourself up for success!
- Prepare the best you can and remember keep your expectations low!
Baby gear for outings!
- Bring with you whatever feeding items you need. Whether it be bottles, or your breasts, or baby is old enough for snacks, kiddos get hungry.
- Favorite toys are a must! Anything to help with distraction.
- Some people like those cute little shopping cart covers. Sometimes you are able to attach toys to those.
- Remember if baby is in it’s bucket car seat still always place it in the bottom of the shopping cart.
Where do we go?
- Grocery store. Bring a list! Many grocers try to get the kids excited now with either finding the store’s mascot while you are there or offering free fruit.
- Superstores. (Or Book and Toy stores.) Just want to get out and go somewhere? Let your kiddo explore the toy or book aisles for fun.
- To your local baby store!
Local Baby /Children Stores
These tips should help you as you venture out. As a Postpartum & Infant Care Doula I have even become a part of these outings too and help parents feel more confident doing so. Fill out our inquiry form if you rather shop with us!
Where do you think you will head first?